We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
FULL-TIME CUSTODIAL POSITION
The Dawes Arboretum is looking for highly motivated and personable candidates to fill the entry level position of custodian.
Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to include weekends and evenings. In addition, individual must be able to work in a team environment.
Standard knowledge of cleaning equipment and techniques are required.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- General cleaning of buildings (floors, dusting, vacuuming, removing trash, washing surfaces, windows)
- Clean and sanitize restrooms (refill dispensers)
- Assist with setup and tear down for facility rentals and meetings
- Order and maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies
Some of the physical requirements include:
- Able to life materials weighing in excess of 50 pounds
- Able to climb stairs, ladders, walk uneven ground and extended distance
- Work in outdoor weather environment at times, in all seasons and weather
- Dexterity to operate various types of cleaning equipment and perform cleaning tasks
Attention to detail is very important. Must be familiar with Material Data Safety Sheets on all cleaning products.
This is a 40-hour per week position and includes benefits. Candidates must have a current, valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation, able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
High school diploma or GED and at least two years prior experience in custodial.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to Custodial/HR, The Dawes Arboretum, 7770 Jacksontown Road SE, Newark, OH 43056. No phone inquiries please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Deadline to apply is May 20, 2013.