We encourage photography as a hobby—and using The Dawes Arboretum as a subject is simply stunning. However, we work hard to cultivate and maintain healthy plants. Plant damage can occur easily during photo sessions so we ask that photographers and groups follow our guidelines to ensure the plants are protected.
- Please be respectful of the plants and trees at all times.
- Do not enter flower beds, climb tree branches or enter areas that are fenced off or gated.
- Collecting plant materials like leaves, branches, fruits, etc. is not permitted.
- Leave tables, benches, decorative pots and other materials where they have been placed by employees of The Arboretum. Moving such items for photographs and other uses may result in damage and/or personal injury.
- Pets must be kept on leashes. Please do not allow pets to urinate on plants. Clean up pet waste and dispose of in a trash can.
- Photography for commercial use must have permission from the Marketing Department of The Arboretum by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.44.DAWES.
* The Dawes Arboretum requests that all professional photographers who utilize The Arboretum’s grounds for weddings, senior portraits, special events, and other scheduled photography sessions are members of The Dawes Arboretum at the Chestnut Club Level ($75) or above.