While a visit to The Arboretum is an unforgettable experience, sometimes travel is not an option. Our outreach programs are an opportunity to bring high-quality and engaging activities to you.
Arboretum Staff Presentations
Our experts are available to present a wide variety of plant, gardening, history and nature-related talks and demonstrations to your community group, garden club, or special-interest society. Schedule your program by calling 740.323.2355.
- History of The Dawes Arboretum
- Waking up the Garden in Spring
- Keeping Up the Garden in Summer
- Putting Your Garden to Bed in Fall
- Anticipating Spring (Winter)
- Gardening for Pollinators
- Hardy Perennials
- Success with Seeds
- Sustainable Garden Design
- Landscaping with Native Plants
- Attracting Birds in Winter
- Reducing Your Turf and Expanding Your Garden
- Making Your Landscape Pop
- Welcoming Wildlife to the Landscape
- Growing Terrific Trees
- Dawes Arboretum Favorites and Introductions
- Some Favorite Ericacea
- Blue Ribbon Bloomers
- Pruning in the Home Landscape
- Memories of the Pure Oil Company
- Winter Gems at The Arboretum
- Dining with Dawes: Experience Wild Edibles
- Introduction to Bonsai Demo
Programs are an hour in duration and must be reserved in advance. Cost is $100 plus mileage if more than 20 miles from the Arboretum.
Our staff of naturalists and professional educators specializes in providing hands-on, age appropriate, informative and exciting education programs. Inquiry-based programs are designed to meet your specific grade-level science curriculum needs and state academic standards.
Click the following link for more details on The Arboretum’s programs for school groups: Educator Resources Guide