Visitors are responsible for knowing and following the rules and regulations of The Dawes Arboretum:
- To visit the main grounds of The Arboretum, use the main entrance off State Route 13 and stop at the Gatehouse.
- Please be respectful of the plants and trees at all times.
- Do not enter flower beds, climb tree branches or enter areas that are fenced off or gated.
- Collecting plant materials including leaves, branches, fruits, etc. is not permitted.
- Do not move tables, benches, decorative pots or other materials. Moving such items may result in damage and/or personal injury.
- Pets must be kept on leashes. Do not allow pets to urinate on collection plants. Clean up pet waste and dispose of in a trash can. Dogs are prohibited in the Conifer Glen where plants are more sensitive to urine.
- Professional photographers, who profit from using our property, are required to join Arboretum membership at the Photography level. Photography guidelines can be found here.
- Grills are prohibited.
- Please take your trash and recyclables with you or use the trash cans and recycling bins at the Visitors Center.
- Keep bicycles off of grass and dirt trails. Bicycles are prohibited in the Japanese Garden.
- Sledding and cross-country skiing are not permitted.
- Recreational drones are prohibited. Professional drone photography is not allowed without advanced, written permission. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Do not park on the grass.
- Have fun!
Photography guidelines can be found here.